Journey to Mount Batur in the Kintamani area of Bali, and hike to the top of an active volcano in time to catch the sunrise. Located at the centre of 2 concentric calderas north-west of Mount Agung, Mount Batur towers to a height of 1,717 meters at its summit. Following your pick-up at 02:00, start your hike at 04:00. Benefit from a local guide per 2 people and a breakfast provided by the operator. Experience the cool of the early morning, when the dark can obscure just how challenging the trek can be. Torches, hiking sticks and wet weather gear will be supplied if needed. The dark will also help you to focus on the 1 to 2-hour climb to make it feel less difficult. Arrive in time to see a glorious sunrise, and experience the stunning morning views of the surrounding crater and lake of the larger caldera. The inner, 7.5-kilometre wide caldera was formed during the emplacement of the Bali (or Ubud) ignimbrite and has been estimated to be between 23,670 and 28,500 years old. The first documented eruption of the volcano was in 1804, with the most recent in 2000.
For a more detailed itinerary, please click here.
Pickup at your hotel 0200 - 0900
- Kindly fill up form here to indicate your hotel for pickup.
Amendment and Cancellation Policy:
- You will receive a separate email containing the e-voucher within 2 working days.
- For amendments or cancellation, kindly email to email@example.com with your order number and details at least 4 working days prior to date chosen.
- 10% administrative fee will be charged for cancellation.
- No amendments or cancellations will be entertained for any requests less than 4 working days.
- WiWander, its affliates, and the merchant will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual’s negligence.
- WiWander and its affliates will not be responsible for the loss of ticket caused by individual’s negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by WiWander, its affliates, and the appointed merchant.
Watch a stunning sunrise from the summit of Mount Batur
Enjoy a personal local guide catered to your travelling party
Get stunning views of the surrounding countryside from the top